Sunday 3 November 2013

Some of my Heucheras

I have been adding to my Heuchera collection since my blog post in 2011. Some I have lost or moved around and shared with the Glamis Castle walled garden restoration project that I am involved in. It is great to see the transformation of colour change and I thought I would share some photos in this blog.

Cherry Cola

P1020024

This was a cutting from a friend and it is now growing very well.

Redstone Falls

P1020025

Yellowstone Falls

P1020026

Solar Eclipse

P1020027 

Paprika

P1020028

Rio

P1020029

Hollywood

P1020041

Green Spice

P1020045

In the photo below, I have Picaso, Blondie, Lime Marmalade in front and Strawberry Candy. I think it is quite effective when you grow a few of them in a basket like this.

P1010924_1

Blondie and Lime Marmalade

P1010765

Shanghai & Brass Lantern

P1010773_2

Technorati Tags: ,,,

4 comments:

  1. A great collection of Heucheras. The idea of putting some varieties in a basket is something for me for in my garden they don't thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful combinations! I had some healthy Heucheras at my previous garden but have had mixed results here at my current garden. I never thought to grow them in pots and planters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've a varied selection there Kath - I've a real love/hate relationship with them.
    Like how you've displayed them in the basket - very cheery on a cold dark day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaw, I just love heucheras, I could fill my garden with them! I had to chuck my collection of 8 this spring because a nursery sent me some diseased ones the autumn before. They advised me to wait a year before I started a new collection. I was fuming, but what could I do?! They gave me 3 other plants as a replacement for the 3 I bought from them, but that was not really a good exchange for what I lost. Next spring I will get a new collection started :-) Loved your basked, think I will nick that idea!

    ReplyDelete